Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Patriotic Throw Ready for Quilting


I am thankful that I have my patriotic throw pieced and ready for me to quilt. The borders and stars were sewn on tonight.



I hung it at the top of my stairs on the landing just to get these pics. My goal has been to have a seasonal quilt hung for each season. As you can see, I am really cutting it close with this one. 




Hopefully, I can take it down tomorrow, make my sandwich and start quilting. 


Blooms in my gardens this week 

I love when my flowers are blooming, it makes me happy and brings me peace in these troubling times. Look closely at the purple coneflowers in the second row. There is a beautiful swallowtail butterfly doing his job. 


I have noticed Japanese Beetles on some of my flowers and rose bushes the past few days. I have sprayed some of my flowers but want to let the pollinators work.

Thanks for stopping by - Judy.

Linking to:


Thankful Thursday @ It's A Small Town Life
Put Your Foot Down @ For the Love of Geese

The Peacock Party @ Wendy's Quilts and More on Friday
Beauties Pageant @ From Bolt to Beauty on Friday
Off the Wall Friday @ Creations, Quilts, Whatever
Sweet Inspirations @ the Boondocks Blog
Finished (or not) Friday @ Alycia Quilts 
Finished or Not Friday @ Busy Hands Quilts
Can I Get a Whoop Whoop Friday @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Flaunt It Friday @ Chic on a Shoestring
Friday Foto Fun @ Powered by Quilting
TGIFF @ ChrisKnitsSews
Saturday Sparks Link Party @ Pieced Pastimes on Friday


Farmhouse Friday @ The Painted Hinge
Pink Saturday @ How Sweet the Sound on Friday

Sundays at Home @ My Soulful Home on Saturday
Scrap Happy Saturday @ Superscrappy  

Love Your Creativity Link Party @ Life and Linda


Inspire Me Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life on Monday 

Wonderful Wednesday @ Oh My Heartsie Girl on Monday pm

Lou Lou Girls Fabulous Party @ Lou Lou Girls at 8 pm on Monday


All About Home Link Party @ Common Ground on Tuesday

MMM Block Party @Keeping It Simple

Lou Lou Girls Fabulous Party @ Lou Lou Girls at 8 pm on Monday


Image-in-ing @Wordless Wednesday on Tuesday 


Classy Flamingo Blog Party @ Poinsettia Drive on Tuesday pm

Tuesday Turn About @ My Wee Abode

Charming Homes & Gardens @ Dabbling & Decorating on Wednesdays

To Grandma's House We Go DIY Link Party @ Grandma's House DIY on Wednesday

Share Your Style Link Party @ French Ethereal on Wednesday at 6pm

10 comments:

  1. Your quilt is terrific. I like the way you incorporated stars and stripes into the blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is the flower in the center of the bottom row? I love it. Your patriotic quilt is wonderful, I love it too. You are so fortunate to have a nice place to hang seasonal quilts. Thank you so much for sharing in Put your foot down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That flower is a zinnia. It is different than most zinnias I have plants. The third pic and the 5th pic are seeds from the same package.

      Delete
  3. Oh LOVE that quilt!! and it is perfect timing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wanting to make my friend's dad a Quilt of Valor. I really like your stars. Do you mind telling me what size flying geese you made?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are 4 geese in each star and each of the geese is 3.5 x 6.5 unfinished.

      Delete
  5. This is beautiful! The ladies from our church gave my husband and I a patriotic quilt for Memorial Day as we are both veterans, and I couldn't believe such generous gift. I will always treasure it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love your stars, so clever use of the fabrics! Pretty quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your patriotic quilt is beautiful! I do admire your work. Thanks for linking up and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a similar panel. Need to think about getting it done! Your stars are amazing! I can’t imagine the concentration it took to make all those stripe stay horizontal in the geese blocks. It’s stunning!

    ReplyDelete