Tuesday, August 31, 2021

August Quilts

When August arrives, it is usually too  hot  for me to work in the yard very much. I have soaker hoses run where I need them to water. With my watering taken care of, I return to my sewing room and get back to quilting.


My August projects:



My projects include a charity quilt made from some pinwheels left over from another project. It didn't take long to whip this quilt together. I had two columns of the pinwheels done so only needed to make a few more. This was an easy project plus it used up some of my scraps. The quilt will be donated as a veteran's quilt, Our local guild will present mine as well as  with many other veteran quilts on Veteran's Day to the veterans in a local nursing home. 




Another August quilt project was a pincushion made for a gift to a friend. This pincushion was my first attempt at paper piecing. Thought I should try something small for my first paper piecing project.




For my final project for August, I made a wall hanging for fall. 






The pattern is called Pumpkin Season by The Pattern Basket. I'm not happy with my quilting and will most likely pick some of it out. Why didn't I think to use clear thread in my bobbin when quilting!! Guess I'll spend some more time with Jack. 






Thanks for stopping by to see my August quilting. Happy sewing and quilting - Judy. 


Linking to: 

Wednesday Wait Loss @ The Inquiring Quilter
Midweek Makers @ Quilt Fabrication

Grace at Home @ The Charm of Home on Thursday
Thankful Thursday @ It's A Small Town Life
Put Your Foot Down @ For the Love of Geese


Home Matters Link Party on Friday

The Peacock Party @ Wendy's Quilts and More on Friday
Beauties Pageant @ From Bolt to Beauty on Friday
Off the Wall Friday @ Creations, Quilts, Whatever
Sweet Inspirations @ the Boondocks Blog
Finished (or not) Friday @ Alycia Quilts 
Can I Get a Whoop Whoop Friday @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Flaunt It Friday @ Chic on a Shoestring
Friday Foto Fun @ Powered by Quilting

Farmhouse Friday @ The Painted Hinge
Pink Saturday @ How Sweet the Sound on Friday

Love Your Creativity Link Party @ Life and Linda on Sunday at 2pm

Oh Scrap @ Quilting is more fun than Housework on Sunday

Busy Monday @ A Pinch of Joy on Sundays at 5pm

6 comments:

  1. Your Autumn pumpkin min is adorable! August is usually the start of the busy season for me with lots of quilting. This August because of an extended vacation I haven't accomplished much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love the August wall hanging. So cute! Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always good when we can get in sewing time. lovely projects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that I am getting tired of gardening and now it's time to work in my studio. All of your projects are terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your fall pumpkin and perfect timing too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun projects! I like the quilting on your pumpkin - I think it adds texture!

    ReplyDelete