Monday, October 21, 2019

Lexington Sampler Challenge Quilt Finished

This quilt was certainly a work in progress for over a year.  




I started it in July, 2018, as seen here, then had lots of starts and stops. Even put it aside for several months. 



I love all the blocks, they are 15 inches and fun to sew. 











I did vary the pattern a little by adding flying geese since I wanted a king size quilt. 




 The backing for the quilt.



Thanks for stopping by - Judy.

Linking to:


Monday Making @ Love Laugh Quilt on Sunday 
BOMs Away Monday @ What a Hoot Quilts
Main Crush Monday @ Cooking Up Quilts
Move It Forward @ Em's Scrap Bag
What I Made Monday @ Pretty Piney

Linky Tuesday @ Free Motion by the River

Let's Bee Social @ Sew Fresh Quilts on Wednesday
Midweek Makers @ Quilt Fabrication
Grace at Home @ The Charm of Home
Thankful Thursday @ It's A Small Town Life


Sweet Inspirations @ the Boondocks Blog
Finished or Not Friday @ Busy Hands Quilts
Can I Get a Whoop Whoop Friday @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Finish It Up Friday @ Crazy Mom Quilts
Flaunt It Friday @ Chic on a Shoestring

Scrap Happy Saturday @ Superscrappy
Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun Than Laundry on Saturday
Saturday Shuffle Blog Hop @ Strawberry Butterscotch on Saturday
Saturday Sparks Link Party @ Pieced Pastimes

6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful quilt. I'd have never known you added the flying geese border to the pattern, it's perfect as is the backing. I absolutely love it. A quilt to treasure and hopefully honour by using.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a true piece of art. My grandmother always quilted, so I know how much work it is. Thanks for linking up this beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the geese border and the soft, comfy feel of it. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, the quilt blocks are beautiful, lovely squares. You did beautiful work on this quilt. Happy Halloween, Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your post came up when I was searching to find out when we did the Lexington Challenge so I could put a label on mine and I was amazed at how close in color our quilts turned out! I really loved hers in red but wanted to see it in blue....yours and mine! I made the smaller version. Yours is lovely! My post is at: https://mysismademe.blogspot.com/search?q=lexington

    ReplyDelete