Saturday, August 18, 2018

The Garlic Knot Quilt is Finished

My garlic knot quilt is now in the finished category of my 2018 quilts.



I show you the garlic knot pieces I was working on.




Then I asked for your advice on which design to use with the blocks.


This . . .  




or this . . . 





I decided to go with the raised design.




I am thankful that my quilt is now finished and quilted. It's going to be a gift and is ready to go.




I used a purple Batik for a border plus for the backing.






Thanks for stopping by - Judy.

Monday Making @ Love Laugh Quilt on Sunday
Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun than Housework on Sunday

BOMs Away Monday @ What a Hoot Quilts
Main Crush Monday @ Cooking Up Quilts
Move It Forward @ Em's Scrap Bag
To Do Tuesday @ Stitch ALL the Things

Linky Tuesday @ Free Motion by the River
Almost Finished @ Silly Mama Quilts

Let's Bee Social @ Sew Fresh Quilts on Wednesday
Wednesday Weight Loss @ The Inquiring Quilter
Midweek Makers @ Quilt Fabrication on Wednesday

Grace at Home @ The Charm of Home
Thankful Thursday @ It's A Small Town Life
Little Things @ Random-osity


Sweet Inspirations @ the Boondocks Blog
Finished or Not Friday @ Busy Hands Quilts
Can I Get a Whoop Whoop Friday @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Finish It Up Friday @ Crazy Mom Quilts
Flaunt It Friday @ Chic on a Shoestring
Saturday Sparks Link Party @ Pieced Pastimes on Friday

Scrap Happy Saturday @ Superscrappy
Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun Than Laundry on Saturday
Saturday Shuffle Blog Hop @ Strawberry Butterscotch on Saturday




14 comments:

  1. Fabulous finish and such an unexpected design option for these blocks!! Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job finishing your garlic knot quilt! Love the final design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this design option for the garlic knot blocks! I have "one" of these blocks that our guild made in a block of the month a couple of years ago. I may have to dig it out and make some more - it was a fun block! Love the colors and fabrics! Great finish!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely!

    it would be fabulous to see you post this also on my finish it up Friday linky party!

    thanks so much for linking up!

    brooke@sillymamaquilts.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! I am in LOVE with the fabric on the back as well as the beautiful design! It's beautiful and makes me wish I could learn to quilt....maybe one of these days! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I love the colors you chose. Beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How neat the difference between the block and the quilt. Love the colors. Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous and I love the colors. Thanks for linking up today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty quilt, love the colors and the chosen layout too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This block is on my to do list. I love the layout you chose. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like that block, too - ditto what Cynthia said above. It's fun to see what happens when you use them in different layouts! Beautiful finish!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely quilt finish...purples, pinks and greens really pop on that clean white...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a cute block and makes up as a great quilt! I love the layout you chose. Putting on the long to do list;)

    ReplyDelete