Sunday, August 26, 2018

Halloween Table Runner



Our quilting guild holds an in-town retreat once a year where members can bring projects to work on and socialize with other members.



I worked on a Halloween tablerunner at the retreat. 






I gathered fabrics pieces in my stash.


I started cutting pieces into five inch squares then cut some in half and stitched pieces together. 


I fussy cut a few squares from an unused panel just to make the runner fun. 








My plan was to cut the 5 inch squares in half, mix them up and sew them together. Some sewn squares would be turned horizontal and some would run vertical. I quickly learned this plan wouldn't work because the squares wouldn't be equal squares.


Luckily I hadn't cut all my squares so I had to cut more and make some pieces 2.75 inches and some 2.5. It took a little more time but I got it worked out.



I quilted with the serpentine stitch which was pretty quick and easy. 



For fun and interested, I added a couple other stitches to the runner.








One Halloween project is done and I have another to be started soon. Thanks for stopping by - Judy.

Linking to:

Monday Making @ Love Laugh Quilt on Sunday
Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun than Housework on Sunday

BOMs Away Monday @ What a Hoot Quilts
Main Crush Monday @ Cooking Up Quilts
Move It Forward @ Em's Scrap Bag
To Do Tuesday @ Stitch ALL the Things

Linky Tuesday @ Free Motion by the River
Almost Finished @ Silly Mama Quilts

Let's Bee Social @ Sew Fresh Quilts on Wednesday
Wednesday Weight Loss @ The Inquiring Quilter
Midweek Makers @ Quilt Fabrication on Wednesday

Grace at Home @ The Charm of Home
Thankful Thursday @ It's A Small Town Life
Little Things @ Random-osity


Sweet Inspirations @ the Boondocks Blog
Finished or Not Friday @ Busy Hands Quilts
Can I Get a Whoop Whoop Friday @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Finish It Up Friday @ Crazy Mom Quilts
Flaunt It Friday @ Chic on a Shoestring
Saturday Sparks Link Party @ Pieced Pastimes on Friday

Scrap Happy Saturday @ Superscrappy
Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun Than Laundry on Saturday
Saturday Shuffle Blog Hop @ Strawberry Butterscotch on Saturday



8 comments:

  1. what an adorable runner--those fussy cuts really make this fun....;))) hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a playful runner! You did quite well on it - and designed it yourself! I'm so very impressed! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Love those fabrics. This is so perfect for Halloween. Thanks for sharing this on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun fussy-cut runner! Thanks for linking to Finished or Not Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is the cutest Halloween table runner and all of the fabrics are wonderful! Thanks so much for sharing at Linky Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute runner. Great fabric choices.

    ReplyDelete