Saturday, November 11, 2023

October Finishes

Mini Maple Leaf Quilt

Making a 12 in quilt to hang in my entry from the free maple leaf pattern by Sew Much Moore was an easy project. The fabric was from a friend's stash. 




Veteran Lap Quilt



This quilt wasn't complete made by me; at one of our monthly quilt guild meetings, a friend laid an orphan block on the give-a-way table that she didn't need. I thought I could add a big border and make it into a veteran's lap quilt. I added the red border, batting, backing and quilted the quilt. A free-motion feather design was used. Plus, I had never done free-motion feathers before, so it was a learning experience for me. 


Santa and Friends Wall Hanging




I saw this Santa panel and it reminded me of a Fitz and Floyd Santa statue I received as a Christmas gift several years ago.  The F&F Santa is surrounded by a fox, rabbit, birds, and a polar bear. 




I had that is often the used the Santa on my sideboard in the dining room or the dining room table. The panel was ordered and quilted with snowflakes and lots of free motion quilting to hang on the wall behind the sideboard.


That's it for October Finishes. I'm sewing and quilting like crazy with several Christmas gifts to finish. 

Also, my Thanksgiving cacti are blooming? There is a deep red one and a bright pinking one blooming. They are in the same pot for now.




Here's a pic showing the Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter cacti if you can't tell the difference. I have referred back to this pic several times.




Happy sewing and quilting to you - Judy.

Linking to:


Monday Musings @ Songbird Designs

Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts

Needle and Thread Thursday @ My Scrap Infatuation on Wednesday

Wednesday Wait Loss @ The Inquiring Quilter
Midweek Makers @ Quilt Fabrication


Thankful Thursday @ It's A Small Town Life
Put Your Foot Down @ For the Love of Geese

Home Matters Link Party on Friday

The Peacock Party @ Wendy's Quilts and More on Friday
Off the Wall Friday @ Creations, Quilts, Whatever
Sweet Inspirations @ the Boondocks Blog
Finished (or not) Friday @ Alycia Quilts 

TGIF Linky Party @ Kathleen McMusings
Flaunt It Friday @ Chic on a Shoestring
Friday Foto Fun @ Powered by Quilting
TGIFF @ Sarah Ruiz Quilts

Sew & Tell Party @ Melva Loves Scraps on Sunday
Mosaic Monday @ Letting Go of the Bay Leaf on Sunday
Mosaic Monday @ South and Mind and so on on Sunday



4 comments:

  1. Nice finishes. I've never realized there was any differences for the Cactuses. I believe mine is a Thanksgiving cactus based on the leaf info. But I know I can get mine to bloom most any time of the year by adding some food to its water. Now I'll have to pay attention to see if I just happen to feed it during November. It's blooming now. Who knew? Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely bunch of quilts! I too never knew there was a difference in cactuses, but have seen them bloom at different times. Now I know! Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/11/15/wednesday-wait-loss-354

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at all those great finishes!! I like the idea of a 12 in mini for each season!!!
    Thanks for linking up at Finished ( or not) Friday! I appreciate it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I admire your quilting talent! You have some beautiful pieces here.

    ReplyDelete