Wednesday, October 11, 2023

September Finishes

For the month of September, I completed two pillows for my hearth and am happy I used some fabric that I have had for a couple of years. 


The first pillow is a pumpkin pillow from the pattern Pumpkin Party by Primrose Cottage Quilts.




I bought the fabric a few years back and decided it was time to make the pillow. The pattern was for a table topper, but I wanted to make a pillow for my hearth. Different free motion designs were used on each of the pumpkins, flying geese, and background spaces. 



The second pillow was a free maple leaf quilt block from Sew Much Moore. I ordered a small fat quarter bundle from their store to make the blocks. 




I made four of the same blocks in different colors of fall fabric and added a checked sashing between the blocks. Free motion veining was used on each leaf and 




Here's the pillows on my hearth.




I have a gorgeous dahlia in bloom this week.




Another is soon to open.




Thanks for stopping by to see my September Finishes and my dahlias. Happy sewing and quilting - Judy. 


Linking to:

Monday Musings @ Songbird Designs

Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts

Needle and Thread Thursday @ My Scrap Infatuation on Wednesday

Wednesday Wait Loss @ The Inquiring Quilter
Midweek Makers @ Quilt Fabrication


Thankful Thursday @ It's A Small Town Life
Put Your Foot Down @ For the Love of Geese

Home Matters Link Party on Friday

The Peacock Party @ Wendy's Quilts and More on Friday
Off the Wall Friday @ Creations, Quilts, Whatever
Sweet Inspirations @ the Boondocks Blog
Finished (or not) Friday @ Alycia Quilts 

TGIF Linky Party @ Kathleen McMusings
Flaunt It Friday @ Chic on a Shoestring
Friday Foto Fun @ Powered by Quilting
TGIFF @ Sarah Ruiz Quilts

Sew & Tell Party @ Melva Loves Scraps on Sunday


3 comments:

  1. Oh those pillows are just gorgeous, so nice to have them done and on display for the season! Love seeing the quilting on them also;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, those pillows are stunning and they are beautiful on your hearth. I do love Dahlias and these are such wonderful fall colors.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pillows are stunning, I especially love the pumpkins. Thank you for linking up to Put your foot down.

    ReplyDelete