Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Ugly Fabric Charity Quilt Challenge

My challenge project is complete and here is a look at this fun challenge.




Now I will explain the challenge. Our local quilt guild does a lot of charity quilts and this quilt is for one of the challenges. The challenge started with giving members a 10 inch square of "ugly fabric." Here is the fabric we were given:




It really isn't that ugly! We were to use the fabric plus other fabric of our choice to make a beautiful baby quilt. Here are the fabrics I choose to use in the quilt:



The 2nd, 3rd, and 5th fabric were all on sale for $5 at my local quilt shop. Due to Covid-19, we have only been able to window shop at the quilt shop, then call in and order fabric. Then they will get the order ready, place the order in a cart just outside the front door. I am thankful the store is making such an effort.

The other pieces of fabric were from my stash. The pattern included 9 patches, and square in a square.






I quilted the 36 x 36 inch quilt in the hoop. 




The binding was from the pink horse fabric.



There you have it, thanks for stopping by to see my "Ugly Fabric Charity Quilt Challenge" - Judy.


 Linking to:


Monday Making @ Love Laugh Quilt on Sunday 
BOMs Away Monday @ What a Hoot Quilts
Move It Forward @ Em's Scrap Bag
What I Made Monday @ Pretty Piney

Linky Tuesday @ Free Motion by the River

Wednesday Wait Loss @ The Inquiring Quilter
Let's Bee Social @ Sew Fresh Quilts on Wednesday
Midweek Makers @ Quilt Fabrication



Grace at Home @ The Charm of Home
Thankful Thursday @ It's A Small Town Life
Put Your Foot Down @ For the Love of Geese

The Peacock Party @ Wendy's Quilts and More on Friday
Beauties Pageant @ From Bolt to Beauty on Friday
Off the Wall Friday @ Creations, Quilts, Whatever
Sweet Inspirations @ the Boondocks Blog
Finished (or not) Friday @ Alycia Quilts 
Finished or Not Friday @ Busy Hands Quilts
Can I Get a Whoop Whoop Friday @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Flaunt It Friday @ Chic on a Shoestring
Friday Foto Fun @ Powered by Quilting
TGIFF @ ChrisKnitsSews
Saturday Sparks Link Party @ Pieced Pastimes on Friday


Farmhouse Friday @ The Painted Hinge
Pink Saturday @ How Sweet the Sound on Friday

Sundays at Home @ My Soulful Home on Saturday
Scrap Happy Saturday @ Superscrappy  

Love Your Creativity Link Party @ Life and Linda



14 comments:

  1. No such thing as an ugly quilt, in my opinion. My grandmother used every bit of fabric she had to make quilts. I think yours turned out great. Thanks for linking up and stay well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must LOVE ugly because I think this is just the cutest thing ever! I love small quilts and use them throughout my house. And these colors are FUN too! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, your baby quilt is beautiful. I love colors and material, they are NOT ugly. Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wouldn't consider that fabric ugly! I have participated in ugly fabric challenges before and the fabric was much 'uglier' than your cute bee fabric! In any case, you created a lovely baby quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, how could you call that fabric ugly? The little quilt is beautiful, just right for a baby.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that is cute as can be, and I agree that the "ugly" fabric was not really ugly at all! Perfect quilt for a child!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice job on your Ugly Fabric Challenge quilt! Beauty really is in the eye of the beholder. I think that bumble bee print is SEW cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that is actually quite cute!! and I kind like that ugly fabric ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice charity quilt. Perfect for boy or girl and they will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your “ugly duckling” fabric turned into quite the swan, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your headline make me chuckle. I just told Melva Loves Scraps the letter she shared in her post made me feel melancholy which is a word I only recall using a handful of times. Then I pop over here and get the giggles, I am all over the place today with my emotions. Your quilt turned out lovely, I especially love the fabric you added. Thank you for linking up to Put your foot down.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You pulled those interesting fabrics together into a lovely little quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cute quilt! Those fabrics aren't ugly at all--so very cute. I love Dear Stella and recognize some of them in the mix. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss. Be sure to drop by tomorrow to link up this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete