Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Finishing Up My Wonky Star Quilt

I started on this wonky star quilt a year ago. (seen here)  I thought I was ready to add the borders but instead I just put it away. Something told me to wait. 



Well, I finally got it out again and decided to make it larger. I wanted to make it a queen size quilt.  Ten more batik blocks were made and added over a few days.




I'm so glad I am making this quilt larger. After adding borders, the quilt top is done and ready to quilt. 




I had an unwanted breakfast guest the last two mornings.






Thanks for stopping by - Judy.

Linking to:

Monday Making @ Love Laugh Quilt on Sunday 
BOMs Away Monday @ What a Hoot Quilts
Main Crush Monday @ Cooking Up Quilts
Move It Forward @ Em's Scrap Bag

Linky Tuesday @ Free Motion by the River

Let's Bee Social @ Sew Fresh Quilts on Wednesday
Midweek Makers @ Quilt Fabrication
Grace at Home @ The Charm of Home
Thankful Thursday @ It's A Small Town Life


Sweet Inspirations @ the Boondocks Blog
Finished or Not Friday @ Busy Hands Quilts
Can I Get a Whoop Whoop Friday @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Finish It Up Friday @ Crazy Mom Quilts
Flaunt It Friday @ Chic on a Shoestring

Scrap Happy Saturday @ Superscrappy
Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun Than Laundry on Saturday
Saturday Shuffle Blog Hop @ Strawberry Butterscotch on Saturday
Saturday Sparks Link Party @ Pieced Pastimes





9 comments:

  1. Those borders are so good, a frame for the stars, they stand out, each one, and as a group together now,love the white and blue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...I love the quilt, the stars that are a bit irregular are neat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful quilt, love the colors. Add red pepper flakes to the bird seed, birds don't taste it but squirrels and raccoons do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I just bought cheyanne pepper to try. I think I may have some red pepper flakes too.

      Delete
  4. Hi Judy,
    What a beautiful wonky star quilt top to begin with, but making it bigger makes it more useful as well. Now you will be able to enjoy it on your bed. Great goal for May that has been met! Happy Memorial Day! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes a quilt just has to sit and 'percolate' for a while. :) Your quilt is so pretty those wonky stars are really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those wonky stars - they are in such pretty fabrics!

    ReplyDelete

  7. Ravi Gaikwad is a government official, currently the Chief of RTO Mumbai. Ravi Gaikwad IPS is a dedicated officer, having euphoric academic records across various fields and has represented his cricket skills at high professional levels. For more details about Ravi Gaikwad Mumbai visit:-
    http://www.ravigaikwad.com/
    #Ravi Gaikwad
    # Ravi Gaikwad IPS
    #Ravi Gaikwad Mumbai
    # Ravi Gaikwad Solapur
    # Ravi Gaikwad RTO

    ReplyDelete
  8. لعبت رافي غايكواد ، RTO أيضا دورا هاما في أمن المرأة. كان حادثاً حيث اعتدى سائق عربة الريكشو جنسياً على راكب امرأة قبل أن تبدأ بالتحقيق في وثائق هؤلاء السائقين.
    Ravi Gaikwad RTO!
    Ravindra Gaikwad RTO!
    Ravi Gaikwad!
    Ravi Gaikwad Mumbai!

    ReplyDelete