Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Wonky Star Quilt Pattern

I'm a beginning quilter and have started a new quilt pattern. It's the Missouri Star Quilt Co. "Wonky Star" pattern.




You can see how the star legs are certainly "wonky." There is a reverse image of each star. I'm using batiks fabric. Here is another of my completed star blocks.





There is an instructional video with Jenny Doan from Missouri Star Quilt Co. You can see the quilt in the background of her video.


My new flower beds are coming along. 




Thanks for stopping by - Judy.


I'm joining the following:

Love Laugh Quilt for Monday Making
Cooking Up Quilts for Main Crush Monday

Scraptastic Tuesday at She Can Quilt

Midweek Makers for Quilt Fabrication on Wednesday

Needle and Thread Thursday at My Quilt Infatuation 
Have A Daily Cup for Share Your cup Thursday
Busy Hands Quilts for Finished or Not Friday

Confessions of a Fabric Addict for Can I Get a Whoop Whoop Friday

Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish it up Friday

Scrap Happy Saturday at Superscrappy





17 comments:

  1. Your star quilt is beautiful.. I really enjoy using quilts and have made a few, but not for a while... just too busy. I hope you keep on with quilting and enjoy it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy, you are doing a fabulous job and not losing any of your points! I have so many quilts that I have really slowed down and am making them only now and then. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love wonky stars! Yours are fun in the reverse colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the RSC! Your stars are perfectly wonky and cute! I live in Murray, too. But it's Murray, Utah!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonky Stars are always fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Judy, you are doing a great job with those stars.. Choosing batiks was a good idea, not often seen in these patterns. I love the effect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. PS. I sent a reply to your comment on my post and noted you are a no reply blogger. Do you have another email address? I wrote a lengthy second reply after checking your blog re birds, but will hold off until I hear from you. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I made Wonky Stars for the last 2 years of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. Your blocks are coming together well. Hope you are having FUN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. For a new quilter you are doing wonderful, love Missouri Star tutorials!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love those Wonky Stars. There are several directions out there for "scrappy" Wonky Stars also.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun wonky stars - thanks for sharing on Midweek Makers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The wonky stars look like fun! My stars come out wonky, but not on purpose... hah! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. They look great! and they are really fun to make right?

    ReplyDelete