Sunday, February 18, 2018

Not Your Typical Log Cabin

I have been working on a log cabin table runner and placemats the past few days. The pattern uses a jelly roll. Wish I would have used a different jelly roll; there seems to be too much saturation of color and not enough contrast. Take a look:




I'll keep you posted on the finished project - Judy.

Linking to:

Monday Making @ Love Laugh Quilt on Sunday 
BOMs Away Monday @ What a Hoot Quilts
Main Crush Monday @ Cooking Up Quilts
Move It Forward @ Em's Scrap Bag

Linky Tuesday @ Free Motion by the River

Let's Bee Social @ Sew Fresh Quilts on Wednesday
Midweek Makers @ Quilt Fabrication
Grace at Home @ The Charm of Home
Thankful Thursday @ It's A Small Town Life


Sweet Inspirations @ the Boondocks Blog
Finished or Not Friday @ Busy Hands Quilts
Can I Get a Whoop Whoop Friday @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Finish It Up Friday @ Crazy Mom Quilts
Flaunt It Friday @ Chic on a Shoestring

Scrap Happy Saturday @ Superscrappy
Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun Than Laundry on Saturday
Saturday Shuffle Blog Hop @ Strawberry Butterscotch on Saturday
Saturday Sparks Link Party @ Pieced Pastimes


10 comments:

  1. You know, your block looks gentle and soothing to me...restful on the eye...I like it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll bet it will look great when you get all the blocks together. Wow you have a bunch of linky's. I never heard of a few of them, will check it out. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There isn't a lot of contrast, but I think for a placemat that will be viewed up close all the time, it is good. I like the colors and if they go with your kitchen or dining room, all the better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are some of my favorite colors. I bet your blocks will look fantastic once you have them in your placemats and runner. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think they look great and will look wonderful in a kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hmmmm....a jelly roll for me is a cake, i'm sure it must be something else for you. perhaps a package of fabrics that go together. this is beautiful to me, i really like the fabrics and colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Log cabin blocks are just one more thing on my list of blocks that I want to make again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. But the colors are so pretty! Sometimes that carries it all very nicely, even without definite contrast. I like those "quiet" quilts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's not only color saturation but scale that's throwing it off. Do these need to be square? Maybe add some red-violet, or a big print along one side. Keep trying - you'll find something that works!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How much contrast do you really need when making quilted placemats? If you do end up liking the finished product, you can certainly mail them to me. I would love them on my table!!

    ReplyDelete