Wednesday, February 5, 2020

January Quilting Projects

I started a monthly calendar quilt class at our local sewing center this month. The monthly quilts are 20.5 x 28.5 in size. I finished the January snowman quilt at the beginning of the month. My plan is to use each of them as wall hangings throughout the year. These are basically fusible projects and takes a lot of time but I'm committed to the class so I'll hang in there. 




Also this month, I finished a much bigger snowman quilt. This one is "Sweet Christmas" by Moda. The size is  about 60x72.


I have the quilt hanging at the top of my staircase. I plan to hang a new quilt on the railing each month of 2020. Hope that goal works out. I quilted it in the hoop and used a snowflake design.



The striped Moda fabric for the binding was fun. I think I really like using a striped fabric for binding now. 



Near the end of January, our calendar quilt class completed the February heart project. Below is the one I completed.


I have a large heart throw that I am close to finishing but it will carry into February.


I'm hoping to get it quilted over the weekend.


Happy sewing and quilting - Judy.

Linking to:

Monday Making @ Love Laugh Quilt on Sunday 
BOMs Away Monday @ What a Hoot Quilts
Move It Forward @ Em's Scrap Bag
What I Made Monday @ Pretty Piney

Linky Tuesday @ Free Motion by the River

Wednesday Wait Loss @ The Inquiring Quilter
Let's Bee Social @ Sew Fresh Quilts on Wednesday
Midweek Makers @ Quilt Fabrication
The Peacock Party @ Wendy's Quilts and More on Thursday
Grace at Home @ The Charm of Home
Thankful Thursday @ It's A Small Town Life
Put Your Foot Down @ For the Love of Geese

Beauties Pageant @ From Bolt to Beauti
Off the Wall Friday @ Creations, Quilts, Whatever
Sweet Inspirations @ the Boondocks Blog
Finished (or not) Friday @ Alycia Quilts 
Finished or Not Friday @ Busy Hands Quilts
Can I Get a Whoop Whoop Friday @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Finish It Up Friday @ Crazy Mom Quilts
Flaunt It Friday @ Chic on a Shoestring
Friday Foto Fun @ Powered by Quilting
TGIFF @ ChrisKnitsSews
Saturday Sparks Link Party @ Pieced Pastimes on Friday

Farmhouse Friday @ The Painted Hinge

Sundays at Home @ My Soulful Home on Saturday

Pink Saturday @ How Sweet the Sound

Scrap Happy Saturday @ Superscrappy  

Love Your Creativity Link Party @ Life and Linda


11 comments:

  1. Being the snowman lover I am I had to run right over and check out your projects. Adorable!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this pattern and series. I have all 12 of mine pieced (though I did it my way!!) and have a few of them quilted and bound! I need to get them finished!! This is a good push!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brenda, I followed the pattern but used different fabric on the February quilt. They are fun to make.

      Delete
  3. Such fun projects! Love the Valentine's and the snowman. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your monthly minis to hang are adorable! I especially like the February one with all the cute hearts. They'll be really fun to change out each month through the year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like a fun goal!! and your quilts so far are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilts have turned out beautifully! My favorites are the first whimsical snowman and your February heart quilt. I'm visiting from Flaunt it Friday. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your little heart quilt is so cute! Great for Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your Valentine quilts, especially the red and blue one...Enjoy your weekend!nice color combination. You are a much faster quilter than me lol. How long does it take you to do a wall hanging? I like that idea of displaying one a month. I'm visiting from Saturday Sparks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're going to be very organised by the time Christmas comes around again. All of these little quilts are very cute and decorative. Thank you for linking up to the Peacock Party.

    ReplyDelete