Saturday, September 22, 2012

Raven Card and Tissue Tape

The Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge for this week is Tape It Up and that what my  card is all about.  For the challenge I started by card with a folded basic black paper then cut a piece of Canvas Corp Black & Kraft Ribbon Stripe paper and covered it with Tim Holtz tissue paper. I was hoping the black stripe would show through the tissue tape. and it did . I thought it looked like old boards at this point. I used Glossy Accents to glue the tissue page even though the tape is somewhat sticky. Vintage Photo Distress Ink was used very lightly over the tissue tape


The Raven stamp by Stampendous was stamped using Archival Jet Black ink on Tim Holtz Kraft-Core paper. I also used a Versa Mark Watermark Pen and black embossing power on some of the swirly lines for added depth. The stamped paper was cut using a Sizzix Die then repeated on a cream cardstock and purple cardstock from my stash. 


I tied black paper rope around the card and fastened a  Tim Holtz Idea-ology "Wicked" Seasonal Muse Token and two washers to the card. 

The inside of the card was also designed using Tim Holtz tissue tape and Washi tape. The inside was taped with tissue tape and orange Washi tape was added to form a border then another layer of tissue tape was added on top the orange Washi tape for some contrast. The cute spider web and spider were Sizzix die and I applied Glossy Accents on the web for some shine.

Tissue tape is new to me so I had fun designing this card - Judy

Challenge:
Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge: Tape It Up
Simon Says Stamp Blog - Stamptember blog candy bonanza

1 comment:

  1. Hey Judy...you did a great job designing this card! Great use of the tissue tape for your background! Cute Halloween card and I like your added black twine and hanging gears and "Wicked" Seasonal Muse Token. Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete