Friday, March 6, 2015

Always Believe - Lucky

Today, I have completed a tag for the Simon Says Monday Challenge: Just a Hint of Clover. So with thoughts of good luck and green, my tag is complete and ready to share. 

Take a look:


The background of my tag features the splattered plaster technique by Wendy Vecchi. I recently saw the technique on Wendy's blog (Studio 490) and couldn't wait to try it. You must use rubbing alcohol to make it work correctly. So get a bottle ready if you would like to try the technique.


The flower was stamped in green then I dabbed some antique linen paint on my craft mat and misted it with water so it would be a thin wash of color. I didn't want to paint over my stamping lines and hide them. Gathered twigs  was applied along the edges of the flower and around the flower pieces in the middle. 

Love the heart charm from Tim's Heart Charm pieces. 



Supplies:

Stamps: Wendy Vecchi SCS124, SCS131, Old Wood Floor WVBG021

Archival Inks: Wendy Vecchi Ranger Archival Leaf Green, Fern Green, Tree Branch; Ranger Archival Jet Black Ink

Paint: Ranger Tim Holtz antique linen

Distress Inks: Tim Holtz: gathered twigs, shabby shutters, peeled paint, bundled sage

Distress Spray Stain: picket fence

Tim Holtz Heart Charms

Thanks for stopping by - Judy


No comments:

Post a Comment