Sunday, April 21, 2013

Spring Tag

I've been working on a Spring tag to share with you.
Because of my love for pastels, I mostly stayed in that color palette. Although I had used Ranger's Adirondack Acrylic Paint Dabbers, it was my first opportunity to work with the Tim Holtz Distress Paints.
I did find that working the paints I wanted to spritz water on my craft sheet before I applied the color to the tag. The Mustard Seed Distress Paint was a little bright for my project so I diluted it with water and applied to the tag again. Next I blotted some additional Ranger Adirondack Cloudy Blue and added a little Dusty Concord Distress Ink to the tag in the spots I knew my stamped background would need.


The background stamp I used is by Inkadinkado and needed the soft colors I was working with. 

I used Ranger Archival Coffee ink to stamp with.





To ensure the details of 
the stamp were visible, I stamped on tissue paper and glued the tissue paper to my tag with Claudine Hellmuth Studio Multi-medium Matte. I used the glue on the bottom of the tissue paper and again on the top of the tissue paper. 

After the tag was dry, I used a tissue to dab on a little more of the Dusty Concord.
The Tim Holtz idea-ology Chitchat Verbiages were inked very lightly with Vintage Photo Distress Stain. 


The butterfly was from a Hero Arts background stamp. I stamped and embossed it, colored with markers and stain, added a gem, cut it out and used foam pads to pop it up on the tag. 



Working with the Distress Paint was so much fun. My flowers were Prima Purple and Prima Lime but with several layers of paint, their bold colors  were soon the pastel shades I was imagining.


It was amazing what a few layers of paint could do to the bright colors of purple and lime. 

I distressed the edges of the tag with the Paper Distresser and painted the edges with Antiqued Bronze Distress Paint. 
This was such a fun project to create and share with you. I can't wait to use the paints again. 

Challenges:
Simon Says Stamp and Show: Backgrounds
Fashionable Stamping Challenge: Sentimental






7 comments:

  1. What a delicious tag... I love the soft spring colours, and beautiful painty background - gorgeous!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy...your pastel spring tag is beautiful! Don't you love those distress paints? That chalky matte finish is amazing! I really like what you did with the very bright Prima flowers...calming them down with the more opaque distress paints. Your hydrangea stamped onto tissue paper is so pretty. I like the addition of the extra purple coloring over the flowers. Very nicely done! Thank you for Shari g your lovely tag with us T Simon Says Stamp and Show. Hugs, Candy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful soft colours, love the details on your wonderful tag. Thank you for joining us at FSC this time.
    Yvonne/Meggymay

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fantastic tag with a gorgeous background. Great spring feeling. Thanks for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous tag, such beautiful spring colours and I love the delicate flowers. thanks for joining us at FSC this time
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pastel spring tag is gorgeous - love those soft colours and you've worked magic with the bright flowers ! thanks so much for sharing with us at FSC...Esther xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so lovely it immediately caught my eye! Love the little pearly centres - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete