Sunday, March 3, 2013

With Love Scrapbooking Layout

The Simon Says Challenge is "the stamp you love (but don't use)...

My entry for the challenge includes two stamps that I never seem to use but worked perfect for my scrapbook layout. Here's the layout then I'll show you closeups of the stamps.


I made the corner embellishment first and yes, I know it looks like a card, but it doesn't open and is simply an embellishment. The tiny stamp "Just for You" is tied to the bow. It is about the size of an A2 card if you wanted to make a similar card. There are lots of layers in this element.


The second stamp was one I found in my container of stamps, it's a Hero Art stamp and perfect for the layout.

You know how you dig through your stash and just seem to find the perfect elements. Guess it pays to dig! I found all the Tim Holtz Grungeboard pieces used on the layout in a sack in my stash. They were then stained with Distress Stains and adhered to the pages. 

Other elements:
·        Spellbinders Nestabilities Decorative Elements Heart Circle and Standard Circle
·        Memory Box Bingham Heart and Grand Heart

Paper is *Authentique 12 x 12 LOVELY Paper & Stickers LOV010

Challenges:
Simon Says Challenge: the stamp you love (but don't use) . . 
Layer it On and Share A Word at Frilly and Funkie
Anything Goes at Simon Says Stamp Challenge

2 comments:

  1. Great layout and card! I love the the swirly dies! Thanks for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Judy. Your layouts featuring your favorite Valentines are really cute and nicely done. I like the embellishment made with the corrugated heart and flourish-ish die cut heart. Very pretty. The photographs are nicely matted and I like how you've placed them among the other flourishes and hearts. Nice job! Thanks for sharing your layouts with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete