Saturday, September 15, 2012

A Hero Lives Within You

Simon says Stamp and Show has a new challenge each Monday and I and just finishing my post for the week. My hero post is about a true hero of World War II, my Dad. I am very fortunate my Dad returned from the War and is still alive today. So who else could be a better hero than him.

I have created a vintage tag for my hero, take a look:


My tag was cut using Sizzix Movers and Shapers L Die: Tag and Bookplate then inked with Vintage Photo. I used chevron paper for my next layer then raised each of the elements of  photos, sentiments and stars. The Sizzix banner was attached with wire.

Challenge:

Simon Says Stamp and Show: Hero Challenge

3 comments:

  1. Hi Judy. This tribute to your dad is very nicely done! I love kraft paper for vintage work. Your chevron paper reminds me of Sergeant stripes on the old military uniforms. Nice photo of your dad in his uniform. I like your design with the stars trailing down the tag. Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how your tag turned out. I'm glad we got to watch this one come together. The Chevron cardstock by Canvas Corp. really helped add to your tag's military hero vibe. Nicely done! I hope you win a prize this time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judy,

    Your tag is wonderful! How sweet to know how you adore your father. He must be so proud.

    Dee

    ReplyDelete