Monday, August 27, 2012

Summer Memories Card

I just spend a week of fun filled days with my daughter and two grandsons so I  made a card for her to express my sentiments about memories made during the week.


I began the card by using a background stamp and Versa Mark Watermark Stamp Pad to stamp the image. Next I covered the stamped image with super fine embossing powder and used the heat tool to dry it. I started inking the card with three colors of distress from Ranger - Tim Holt: faded jeans, peeled paint and squeezed lemonade. Next I used a fourth color: peacock feathers to get my final look. My background image was then trimmed and mounted on paper from my stash that I also inked in peacock feathers and squeezed lemonade. I chose the mounting paper because it had a similar color to the peacock feathers and had a nice little chained type pattern in the paper.

The sentiment on the card is from Technique Tuesday, Favorite Memories by Ali Edwards. I stamped the sentiment with Archival Black Ink. I decided to stamp over the background imaging knowing I would get resist from the embossing powder. I was excited to see how the stamp looked and I do like the resist showing through, Look closely at the word "you" and you can see the resist showing through.

The paper was double sided with more yellow on it, I inked it around the edges with peacock feathers and wrote a personal note to my daughter about our fun week together.

Thanks for stopping by - Judy.

Linking to:
Simon Says Stamp and Show - Summer Distress Challenge


5 comments:

  1. What a great card! Love the fine patterns you made! Greetings, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! I love your mix of patterns.

    I saw your card on MIM and had to drop by for a closer look.

    Stop by my blog to check out my {Belated} Birthday Blog Candy!

    --Cheryl--

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card - I love all the colors you've blended. Thank you for sharing, and for joining us this week at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning~I mean I simply love it..the colours and the details and everything. I srsly like it alot.Wish i could make smth like this..ahh well..thanks for sharing this on MIM.

    *hugs*
    M.
    http://quilltiqueparadise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw your beautiful creation on Make It Monday and had to visit and take a closer look. Gorgeous! TFS!
    My entries are: #159, #162, #212 and #214.
    I would love to have you visit my blog!
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete